ffmepg is a integrated tool for video encoding/decoding processing as open source project - http://ffmpeg.org
Typical syntax of ffmpeg command is like below:
1. Get Video Information
2. Get Video Information without bannder
3. Converting video to mp4
4. Converting video to mkv
5. Converting video to mp4 without any quality loss
6. Displaying the supported formats by ffmpeg
7. Converting video files to audio files
8. Change resolution of video files
9. Compressing video files
Note crf value 24 is too aggressive, you'd better lower its value,
10. Compressing audio files
11. Extracting images from video
- -r – Set the frame rate. I.e the number of frames to be extracted into images per second. The default value is 25.
- -f – Indicates the output format i.e image format in our case.
- image-%2d.png – Indicates how we want to name the extracted images. In this case, the names should start like image-01.png, image-02.png, image-03.png and so on. If you use %3d, then the name of images will start like image-001.png, image-002.png and so on.
12. Split video files into multiple parts
Below is an advanced version of splitting video files showing the way to implement one command instead of multiple command even though that does not reduce efforts to type the necessary options.
13. Joining multiple video parts into one
For your information, join.txt contains following video files
14. Adding subtitles to a video file